Spirit of the Season Holiday Market and Fair hosted by One Community Center Saturday, December 14, 2013, 1:00pm - 6:00pm The Holiday Market features handmade original works perfect for the gift giving season! Enjoy the festive environment with holiday music, tasty snacks, and artisan finds: jewelry, photography, wood works, soaps and beauty products, canvas and metal art, gourmet foods, and other one-of-a-kind offerings. Temple of the Sacred Gift 5995 Bartlett Center Dr, Bartlett, TN 38134 $3 donation for admission 1-6pm
The Temple of the Sacred Gift-ATC was founded in September of 2009 by Rev. Brian and Rev. Sonya Miller and is a legal Wiccan Church with a 501c3 nonprofit status in Memphis, TN. We worship inside a Temple (like our Ancestors did) providing a beautiful environment with altars to various deities where you are always welcome to come and worship at 5995 Bartlett Center Drive, Bartlett, Tn 38134. We are an affiliate of our Mother Church the Aquarian Tabernacle Church that was founded in 1979 by Pete Pathfinder in Index, Washington which is still running strong now.
Since we are Wiccan our Full and New Moons and All Sabbats are observed and constantly evolving. One moon we may worship Isis, and the next Sabbat celebrate Odin. We strive to promote, shape, and change the “public image” and “private” one that Witch, Pagan, and Wiccan calls to mind when people hear these labels. We do this through Public workshops, Open Worship circles, Open Rites of Passages, Pagan Meetup, Spiral Scouts, Marching in Gay Pride, Sponsoring the Memphis Public Library, working with Newspapers, Magazines, and Television Stations, and always being available to the public. We maintain the philosophy that the only way that people will come to understand who we are and what a Nature based religion is through transparency.
The Temple of the Sacred Gift-ATC is an Open Wiccan Church we do not discriminate against: Race, Creed, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Cultural Heritage, Sexual Lifestyle Choices (Homosexual, Open, Polyamorous, Monogamous, etc) , Gender, Age, or Religion. Everyone is welcome and should feel right at home at the Temple of the Sacred Gift.
We are family oriented, there are always children in our church and activities available for them. Whether it is Spiral Scouts, or a piñata at Samhain, an egg hunt an Ostara, we value our children at the Temple and encourage our Pagan community to bring their kids along. We consider ourselves a family, because we care about our individual members. We hurt when they hurt, we celebrate when they are happy, and we participate in their lives whether that is in a social environment or in classes, workshops or in individual counseling. We hope that if you are longing for a Spiritual HOME the Temple is the place you come to call your home.
We will seek to provide an environment which develops spiritual growth in our members through:
- Worship - We will honor our Gods and Goddesses on a regular basis through ritual worship.
- Education - We will provide training classes that teach the basics of Wicca and Paganism in a three degree system.
- Support - We will support our members by being active in their lives. We are aware that we as humans need the interaction, attention and love that a spiritual family can provide.
- Loyalty - We will seek to provide an environment that our members can be proud of and will be glad to call their spiritual home.
- Service - Our members will meet often to give back to the community that gives to us. This will be accomplished through charity work/donation, volunteerism, etc.
- Empowerment - We will empower our members to be productive and successful members of our community. We will seek out any and all tools that will help us accomplish this end.
- Spiritual Community - We will provide an environment where our members feel at home and at peace. We will encourage our members to practice their tradition on a daily basis and will assist them by providing open full and new moon rituals, Sabbat celebrations and Rites of Passage.
- Healing Change - We will seek to heal our planet and reverse the damages that humans have done to our Mother Earth. We will do this by encouraging things such as recycling and greening efforts, as well as through magic and prayer.
The Basics of Our Tradition:
- The Temple of the Sacred Gift - ATC is a Wiccan Temple that celebrates the rhythms of life that align us with the Wheel of the Year, including the passage of the sun and the phases of the moon.
- We recognize our intelligence gives us responsibility toward our environment.
- We believe all paths are valid and respect all religions and traditions.
- We do not discriminate based on religion, race, sexual orientation or age.
- We believe in an Unknowable Force that is the Universe.
- We believe that it manifests to humans on the Earth as the God and the Goddess, two opposite yet equal dynamics that are necessary for all life to occur on our small planet.
- We see religion, spirituality, magic and wisdom as being united in the way one sees the world and interacts with it. We identify this worldview and philosophy of life as the Pagan Way.
- We empower those who join us by giving them a voice in Temple matters, as defined in our by-laws.
- We promote growth in our members by offering opportunities to lead rituals and teach classes.